- Price: Only £19.00 Was £199.99
- Course Type: Online Course
- Duration: 70 hours, recommended hours
- Syllabus: 13 course modules
- Tutor Support: Full tutor support included
- Exams: Yes, exam fees are included.
- Start learning: you can start your online learning 24/7 and study towards your goals.
- Qualification: Level 3 CPD Award
- Certificate: PDF Certificate included with course, optional Hard Copies £9.99.
- Access: Unlimited 24/7 access for 12 months, option to extend if needed.
- Compatibility: Desktop, Mac, Laptop, Tablets, Smartphone and Smart Devices
We’re offering you an online Children’s Writing Course for just £19. This course will explore key topics related to the exciting and broad field of writing, specifically aimed at a younger audience, discussing key concepts from building characters, developing your backstory, tailoring your perspective to children as the main audience and more. So whether you need to brighten up your CV, want to work in a field related to the different areas of children’s writing discussed in this course, are looking for a career change or just want to learn something new, the online Children’s Writing Course is ideal.
With over 70 hours of learning split across 13 easily accessible modules, the course has been designed to provide learners with an enjoyable and informative learning experience. The Children’s Writing Course is studied online, meaning you can study in your own time, at your own pace, on your own schedule. Study whenever it suits you best, day or night. You’ll have access to the course 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for 12 months.
What’s more, the course is CPD accredited, therefore upon successful completion of the course learners will be awarded with the certificate of completion, ensuring that the course will be recognised by employers and institutions.
The Children’s Writing Course is split into the following modules:
- Introduction to Writing Children’s Books
– Why are you interested in writing children’s books
– Do you have great and sufficient ideas
– Is it easier to write for kids as opposed to writing books for adults
– Other mistaken beliefs about writing books for children
– What it means to write books for children
– Jobs and opportunities for professional children’s book writers
- Tools and Skills for Children’s Writers
– Writer’s tools
– Time management skills
– Why you should use perfect grammar and spelling
– Personal skills for children’s writers
– Skills that writers can develop to improve their skills
- Learning from Other Successful Children’s Writers
– Read Children’s books with children and alone
– Children’s picture books for new readers
– First chapter book examples
– Other children’s books
- Choosing the Right Perspective for a Particular Age Group
– Children’s book categories
– Do not act quickly
– Point of view
– Choosing the right perspective
- Writing your First Page and Creating the Right Setting
– Examples of successful books for great first lines
– Useful tips for the first page of your book
- Building a Good Character for Children’s Books
– Ways of generating ideas for book characters
– Creating characters depending on your target age bracket
– Characteristics of a real and appealing character
– Ways of developing ideas for your character
– Ways of making your characters look real
- Planning a Perfect Story Plot
– The meaning of a plot
– How to generate ideas for your plot
– The traditional structure of a plot
– Ways of developing plot ideas
– Ways of structuring your plan
- Incorporating an Interesting Backstory
– The meaning of backstory
– Why backstory is important in children’s books
– The effects of using backstory incorrectly
– When to include or avoid a backstory
– Effective wats of including backstory in your story
– Using backstory according to your target reader’s age
– Backstory exercise
- Writing Dialogue for a Flowing Story
– Reasons for incorporating dialogue in your story
– Using realistic dialogue
– Ways of incorporating engaging dialogue in your story
– The essential aspects of dialogue
– Writing dialogue with different ages in mind
- Creating a Sense of Purpose and Building Confidence
– The challenged experienced by writers
– Driving out your critical inner voice
– Get started and do the work
– How to overcome writer’s block
– Get motivated
- Publishing and Selling your Books
– The self-publishing process
– Steps for conventional publishing
– Celebrate when a publisher accepts your manuscript
- Writing Stories with Illustrations
– Understanding illustrations
– Illustrated books for conventional publishing
– Illustrations for self-published books
- Practical Exercises for Writers
– The importance of writing exercises
– First page writing exercises
– Ending exercises
– Exercises for creating scenes based on observation
– Exercises for setting creation
– Perspective exercises
– Exercises for overcoming writer’s block
– Exercises for dialogue
– Exercises for every aspect of writing
– Writing prompts
– Writing blogs
– Participating in writing competitions
– Online forums
The Level 3 Award Children’s Writing Course has been independently accredited and certified by The CPD Certification Service.
On successful completion of this course learners will be awarded with:
Level 3 CPD Award in Children’s Writing
The certificate will show your grade classification awarded and provide proof of your achievements for you to take to any prospective employers or part of your portfolio of evidence.
The certificate will be produced in PDF format, optional hard copies of the certificate will be available for an additional fee of £9.99.
There are no entry requirements or pre-prerequisite for our Children’s Writing Course.
To assess the learners ability and knowledge to effectively understand the topics contained within the Children’s Writing Course, the course features a number of end of module interactive quiz questions.
Additionally, at the end of the course learners will also take an online multiple choice assessment test. This online multiple choice test is marked automatically so you will receive an instant grade and know whether you have passed the course.
When you are studying a course it is always useful to know that you have the help and support of tutors that want you to succeed in your studies.
As part of the Children’s Writing Course you will receive access to our dedicated tutor support service. The academic tutors will be able to provide you with unlimited online email support to help answer any questions that you may have whilst you are studying the course.
This course is delivered online through eLearning. Learners of the course will receive instant access to our interactive student learning portal, which offers 24/7 access to the Children’s Writing Course.
The online Children’s Writing Course requires 70 hours to complete the course in full. This is only a guide to the learning hours required and it depends on how quickly an individual can absorb the information. The learning is online so it can be spread out over multiple sessions or done in one session.
Learners will have access to this course for up to 12 months from the date of joining. There is no time limit to complete the course during this period.
Buy with Confidence
Buy this Children’s Writing Course with confidence, because it’s covered by our 14 Day Peace of Mind Guarantee. If for any reason you change your mind about the course within 14 days of purchase, as long as you haven’t accessed the online course, you can claim a full No Questions Asked Refund. Order your course today and start learning.
Our Children’s Writing Course is fully compatible with PC’s, Mac’s, Laptop, Tablet and Smartphone devices.
We know that more and more people are using the web whilst they are on the move, so we have designed this Children’s Writing Course to be fully compatible across tablet and smartphone devices. You will be able to access the same content from the course, just over a 3G or 4G network whilst on the move.
How it Works
- Click ‘Buy Now’ to order this course deal! Pay securely using Debit/Credit Card or PayPal.
- Once your order is confirmed, we’ll send you access to your course within 24 hours.
- When you receive your course login details, you can start learning straight away. It’s that simple!
Ready to Enrol
If you’re ready to get started on this online Children’s Writing Course just click the ‘Buy Now’ button. You will be taken to a secure checkout area, where you will enter your enrolment details and can look forward to starting the course.
This course contains a combination of online testing to assess learners’ ability and understanding of the course.
The testing for this course is comprised of:
- End of Module Multiple Choice Test
- Final Interactive Assessment Test
End of Module Test
At the end of each module within the course, learners will be asked to complete a series of short multiple choice tests. This is done to assess the learner’s ability and knowledge of the topics covered within the course. The results of these end of module test are instantaneous, so learners can track their grades as they progress through the course.
The results from the End of Module Multiple Choice Tests will not be weighted towards the final grade of the course. The end of module test provide reflective learning for student to understand and prepare for the type of questions contained within the final assessment.
Final Assessment Test
The final assessment test is an online interactive examination containing 50 questions to be completed within a 60 minute time frame. The final assessment will contain questions from all modules and topics covered within the course. Prior to taking the final assessment learners have the ability to take a mock simulation test, to understand the question styles and format of the final assessment before taking the real test.
The results from the final assessment test will count 100% towards the final grade for the course. The results are instantaneous so learners will be informed straight away as to how they have performed on the assessment.
If learners are unsuccessful in the first attempt at the final assessment test, learners can retake the final assessment test an unlimited number of times until a pass grade or higher is achieved. This course comes with a complete exam pass guarantee. Learners can take the test an unlimited number of times until they pass, which is included in the price of the course.
Upon successful completion of the final assessment test, certificates for the course will be produced within 1-3 working days.
Upon completion of the course learners will be awarded with the CPD Certificate of Achievement Award from Oplex Careers.
At Oplex Careers we are a CPD accredited organisation with the CPD Certification Service. Your certificate will display the universally recognised CPD Certification Service logo as proof of your knowledge and competencies gained from taking this course.
The Certificate of Achievement will provide proof that you have studied the course and will contain your grade classification level. You can use the certificate from us as part of your portfolio of evidence and/or use it to attend job or academic interviews.
The CPD certification is also a vital measure of your professional commitment, as taking this course clearly demonstrates your potential to employers and the value that you can bring to an organisation. It shows that you are serious about your chosen career sector and it can be that crucial step in helping you to gain a new job or promotion.
What is CPD?
The CPD Certification Service was established in 1996 as the leading independent organisation operating across all sectors to complement CPD polices of professional and academic institutions. Recognised nationally by employers, professional organisations and academic intuitions the CPD Certification Service is a valuable certificate to achieve.
CPD stands for Continuing Professional Development. CPD is a commitment to lifelong learning, a skill that is invaluable to all people in society. Employers from both the public and private sectors, as well as academic intuitions across the UK and internationally recognise Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
CPD is a great way for individuals to gain new skills, improve their job prospects, gain greater job satisfaction and also help to secure a promotion.
The courses available through Oplex Careers conform to the universally accepted CPD quality mark and standards of recording, reflecting, tracking, planning and reviewing.
Benefits of CPD
Regardless of where you are in your career, undertaking an Oplex Careers CPD course can help you;
- Enhance your employment opportunities
- Improve career satisfaction
- Track prior learning
- Show you are up-to-date with the requirements of your job
- Contribute to your CV
- Lead to further education
- Demonstrate your commitment and value within your organisation
- Prepare you for promotion
When you finish with the course your certificate will contain the recognised CPD mark from Oplex Careers.
Can I order more than one course?
Yes. You can order as many courses as you like. You can purchase 1, 2 or even 10 courses. It’s entirely up to you.
Can I order the course for someone else?
Yes. You can order the course for a family member, friend, work colleague, staff members and more. When placing your order, just send us an email to inform us that the course is for someone else and we will create an account for them.
Are there any additional costs?
No. The course price you see listed is the only cost you have to pay to study the course. There are no hidden fees or anything like that.
When you finish the course, you will be awarded with a PDF certificate of achievement which you can print out yourself. Or if you require us to print the certificate on hard copy, you can pay an optional £9.99.
Other than that, there are no additional costs or fees whatsoever.
Is this price genuine?
Yes. We’re running a special promotion this month and have reduced the price of the course to make it easier for more people to start our courses. So the price you see is the discounted price we have on offer. You can order the course today and get started with your learning straight away.
What if I don’t pass first time?
We have our exam pass guarantee in place. You will be allowed to retake the final assessment as many times as you require until you pass the course. There is no additional charge to retake the test.
What do I get at the end of the course?
Once you’ve finished the course you will be awarded with your certificate. We’ll dispatch this within 1-3 working days of you completing your course.
How do I enrol?
Just click the ‘Buy Now’ button above, which will add the course in your shopping cart, from here proceed with the checkout and enter your payment details. You can pay securely using PayPal or a Debit/Credit card.
Once we have confirmed your enrolment, we will send you access to your course straight away so you can enjoy our learning.
Can I study if I live outside the UK?
Yes. With Oplex Careers you will receive access to your online training course, meaning that you can study from anywhere in the world, as long as you have an internet connection. We have students taking our courses in over 50 countries worldwide.
When does this course start?
Oplex Careers is not like a traditional college or learning institution where set dates for enrolment exist, we provide online training courses that are completely flexible. With our online training courses you can enrol and start your course today. You have complete control over your own learning.
Do I need to come to a training venue?
All the courses available at Oplex Careers are studied online, so you do not need to attend any training venue or classes.
When will I receive my course?
You will receive instant access to your online training course once you have successfully completed the checkout and we confirm your enrolment. We send your login details for the course, along with a receipt for your payment to the email address used at checkout. Please make sure you therefore use the correct email address at checkout.
Will I have a tutor?
Yes. If you need any help or support when studying the course just email the tutor support team and they will help answer any questions you may have.
Do I receive a certificate?
Once you have finished the course you will receive a certificate to showcase your new skills and qualifications. This certificate will be sent to you via email in PDF format once you have completed the course. Hard copies of certificates are available for an additional £9.99.
Are there any deadlines?
At Oplex Careers our courses are online and can be studied your own pace, without any strict deadlines for completion throughout the duration of your course. You have 12 months access for the course, so you have ample time to complete the course.
If you don’t finish the course within 12 months, you can also email us for an extension on your course.
Do I need any previous experience or qualifications before I join a course?
Most of the courses available here at Oplex Careers require little or no previous knowledge prior to enrolling.
How long do I have access to my course?
You will have access to a course for 12 months from the date of joining. Should you need to extend your course after such time, just contact student support services.
Is the course recognised?
Yes. Our courses are accredited through the CPD Certification Service. CPD is recognised nationally across the United Kingdom and internationally around the world, thus the CPD Award should be recognised by academic institutions, public organisations and private companies. Your certificate will contain the universally recognised CPD Certification Service logo.
Can I cancel or refund my course?
Yes. We offer the Oplex Careers 14 days peace of mind guarantee. As long as you haven’t logged into the course, you can get a full no questions asked refund within the first 14 days after ordering.
I have another question about the course, how can I contact you?
Please use the live chat or contact us should you have a specific question which is not answered here.
If you would like more information about the course then please feel free to use the enquiry form below: