- Price: Only £19.00 Was £199.99
- Course Type: Online Course
- Duration: 40 hours, recommended hours
- Syllabus: 8 course modules
- Tutor Support: Full tutor support included
- Exams: Yes, exam fees are included.
- Start learning: you can start your online learning 24/7 and study towards your goals.
- Qualification: Level 3 CPD Award
- Certificate: PDF Certificate included with course, optional Hard Copies £9.99.
- Access: Unlimited 24/7 access for 12 months, option to extend if needed.
- Compatibility: Desktop, Mac, Laptop, Tablets, Smartphone and Smart Devices
We’re offering you the online Mental Health Law Course for just £19. This course will introduce you to the fundamental aspects of the law surrounding mental health, specifically in the UK. This course will discuss core principles within the field of mental health law such as key definitions, important Acts, and common law cases; then further discuss practical implications of these laws, the history surrounding mental health and law, and the future of this field. So whether you need to brighten up your CV, want to work in the legal sector, education, or any professional environment where these skills are important to you and your team, are looking for a career change or just want to learn something new, the online Mental Health Law Course will push you further.
With over 40 hours of learning split across 8 easily accessible modules, the course has been designed to provide learners with an enjoyable and informative learning experience. The Mental Health Law Course is studied online, meaning you can study in your own time, at your own pace, on your own schedule. Study whenever it suits you best, day or night. You’ll have access to the course 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for 12 months.
What’s more, the course is CPD accredited, therefore upon successful completion of the course learners will be awarded with the certificate of completion, ensuring that the course will be recognised by employers and institutions.
The Mental Health Law Course is split into the following modules:
- An introduction to Law and Mental Health
- Discrimination and Mental Health
- The Mental Health Act 1983
- The Mental Capacity Act 2005
- Common Law and Mental Health
- Finding Legal Support
- The history of Mental Health Law
- The future of Mental Health Law
- Final Assessment
– How we define mental health
– Assessment of mental health
– The importance of mental health statistics and legislation
– Workplace, discrimination and mental health
– Equality Act 2010 and mental health in the workplace
– Support for those with mental health in the workplace
– Detaining someone under the Mental Health Act 1983
– Rights of a patient sectioned under the Mental Health Act 1983
– Implications of the Mental Health Act 1983
– The five key principles of the MCA
– The importance of capacity and decisions under the MCA
– The role and importance of the Code of Practice
– CASE: An NHS Foundation Trust v AB
– CASE: R (B) v Ashworth Hospital Authority
– These cases and implications on mental health law within the UK
– When legal support is required
– Will mental health law change in the future?
– Early ideas surrounding mental health illness and the ways it was managed
– Reform in the late 19th and early 20th centuries
– changes in the late twentieth century and how current mental health law was formed
– Campaigns that impact changes in mental health law
– How the MHA 1983 may change in the future
– To understand other issues which could impact the future of mental health law
The Level 3 Award in Mental Health Law Course has been independently accredited and certified by The CPD Certification Service.
On successful completion of this course learners will be awarded with:
Level 3 CPD Award in Mental Health Law
The certificate will show your grade classification awarded and provide proof of your achievements for you to take to any prospective employers or part of your portfolio of evidence.
The certificate will be produced in PDF format, optional hard copies of the certificate will be available for an additional fee of £9.99.
There are no entry requirements or pre-prerequisite for our Mental Health Law Course.
To assess the learners ability and knowledge to effectively understand the topics contained within the Mental Health Law Course, the course features a number of end of module interactive quiz questions.
Additionally, at the end of the course learners will also take an online multiple choice assessment test. This online multiple choice test is marked automatically so you will receive an instant grade and know whether you have passed the course.
When you are studying a course it is always useful to know that you have the help and support of tutors that want you to succeed in your studies.
As part of the Mental Health Law Course you will receive access to our dedicated tutor support service. The academic tutors will be able to provide you with unlimited online email support to help answer any questions that you may have whilst you are studying the course.
This course is delivered online through eLearning. Learners of the course will receive instant access to our interactive student learning portal, which offers 24/7 access to the Mental Health Law Course.
The online Mental Health Law Course requires 40 hours to complete the course in full. This is only a guide to the learning hours required and it depends on how quickly an individual can absorb the information. The learning is online so it can be spread out over multiple sessions or done in one session.
Learners will have access to this course for up to 12 months from the date of joining. There is no time limit to complete the course during this period.
Buy with Confidence
Buy this Mental Health Law Course with confidence, because it’s covered by our 14 Day Peace of Mind Guarantee. If for any reason you change your mind about the course within 14 days of purchase, as long as you haven’t accessed the online course, you can claim a full No Questions Asked Refund. Order your course today and start learning.
Our Mental Health Law Course is fully compatible with PC’s, Mac’s, Laptop, Tablet and Smartphone devices.
We know that more and more people are using the web whilst they are on the move, so we have designed this Mental Health Law Course to be fully compatible across tablet and smartphone devices. You will be able to access the same content from the course, just over a 3G or 4G network whilst on the move.
How it Works
- Click ‘Buy Now’ to order this course deal! Pay securely using Debit/Credit Card or PayPal.
- Once your order is confirmed, we’ll send you access to your course within 24 hours.
- When you receive your course login details, you can start learning straight away. It’s that simple!
Ready to Enrol
If you’re ready to get started on this online Mental Health Law Course just click the ‘Buy Now’ button. You will be taken to a secure checkout area, where you will enter your enrolment details and can look forward to starting the course.